Monday

Charles Schultz LOVE LETTERS (melt my heart)


This weekend Dave and I headed up to Tom's River to spend time with his family. We had a great time and we enjoyed some really delicious treats! {yum}
On our way up we stopped at the Reading Market in Philadelphia and on the same block was Studio 1026 that was hosting an exhibit of LOVE LETTERS from Charles Schultz... 

Yes of corse we stopped in! 

I read every single letter while Dave watched the people down below from the window. 
I laughed (a lot) I sighed and smiled through the entire exhibit. 
The tender glimpse into this talented cartoonist mind was endearing. 

He was so in love with "Tracy, Tracy, Tracy" as he called her. Reminding her that she is like no one else in the world and to call her well adjusted or normal was a crime. 
Their obvious long distance relationship was chronicled perfectly by his letters and sketches 
and allowed us to watch their relationship grow...
  I could do it all over again today if I was closer. 

If you want to see it for yourself check it out:
This is a Love Letter
Personal Correspondences from Charles M. Schulz
From the Private Collection of Katie Leeman
April 1st – 29th, 2011

Space 1026
1026 Arch Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19107

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails