Monday

Happy Memorial Day

I saw a poster the other day that pictured a woman lying beside a soldier's grave. Underneath
 the caption read; "Memorial Day. In case you thought it was National BBQ Day." Goose
 bumps rose on my skin, even as I typed it. It had a profound impact on me. I thought about 
both of my grandfather's who have seen unspeakable things in war and (thank goodness) 
survived. And my mind traveled to those who don't survive. Than to the ones that are left 
behind. And than I thought about beer and hamburgers, and it didn't make any sense. So as 
we celebrate in the sun, with our burgers and beer ... remember to remember. 

Today, I thank all of the soldiers who have served our country. And remember those 
who lost their lives in the process. Thank you. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails